The seventh-most populous city in the United States, San Antonio has some of the finest sights in all of Texas in the form of gigantic oak trees and lush green hills. With iconic locations like The Alamo and Market Square, San Antonio is a great spot for visitors as well.
When you are the 17th most populous state in North America, problems are going to be huge and aplenty, especially with regards to car accidents. There are many causes of car accidents in San Antonio. Some of the more common ones include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive driving
- Jumping red lights
The statistics mentioned in the sections below prove that there are a scarily high number of people who exhibit negligent, illegal, or risky driving behavior. These numbers are essential to understanding how serious car accidents are in San Antonio and help in taking the necessary preventive measures. The best thing you can do in the event of an accident is seek the help of a San Antonio car accident injury law firm. Experienced car accident lawyers can help you obtain fair compensation for your losses.
Disclaimer: All the statistics mentioned in this article are for the year 2022.
- San Antonio had 39,355 motor vehicle collisions
Nearly 40,000 car accidents in a single year is cause for concern. This means that citizens are violating traffic rules or are distracted in one way or another, with little disregard for those around them. With numbers this high, it’s high time the local authorities bring out strict regulations to keep car accidents in check.
- There were 186 fatal injury crashes
Fatal injuries are those that cost a person their life. The more painful thing about this number is that after the accident, the victim had to be hospitalized because of their injury. And till the time of their demise, the victim would’ve been in excruciating pain.
To make things worse, the loss of the victim will leave a scar in their family that will last forever.
- 6,563 people suffered some kind of injury in car collisions
This number proves the severity of car accidents in San Antonio. The car accidents that occur in San Antonio aren’t minor sideswipes. People are suffering injuries serious enough to warrant a hospital visit.
Car accident victims can suffer from a range of injuries. Some of them are:
- Emotional stress
- The severity status of 2,570 crashes is unknown
On a surface level, this might seem like a rather pointless statistic. What makes it scary is that there is no data for over 2,500 crashes in San Antonio. We have no idea whether the victims survived or whether they suffered any injuries.
- 625 individuals suffered serious injuries in car accidents
This is one concept that makes car accidents very scary. Based on certain factors, you may
- Get out of an accident unscathed
- Survive an accident with minor injuries
- Survive an accident with major injuries
- Lose your life
The major injuries part is important here. The lives of the 625 people who suffered serious injuries will take a turn for the worse. Severe injuries tend to completely change your life. You may
- Require extensive bed rest
- Lose the ability to work
- Lose the ability to play your favorite sport
- Suffer emotional disturbances that affect your daily life
- Rely on another person for everyday activities
The situations mentioned above can be damaging to your mental health, not to mention your finances.
You just read five statistics related to car accidents in San Antonio. These statistics are meant to create awareness about the current situation in San Antonio when it comes to car accidents. If you ever find yourself in one, don’t forget to consult a car accident lawyer in San Antonio and find out how you can get compensation for your losses.
- Live Football Betting - December 7, 2023
- The Motivational True Story Behind Scorsese’s “Casino” Film - December 3, 2023
- Rolling the Dice with the Mob: Atlantic City Mafia History - December 1, 2023