Criminal justice research papers are not simple essays that can be written within an hour and without making effort. As the name suggests, it is the first research that should be approached gradually and with many facts and evidence. Secondly, it is all about numerous requirements that a student should fulfill. Read below to master this paper with no trouble.
Topics for Criminal Justice Research Papers
If you are not assigned to a particular topic by your professor, you can brainstorm the ideas alone. First off, you can pay someone to write your research paper and the experts will alone provide you with the selection of the best topics for any liking and preference. Otherwise, below you may find some for your considerations.
- Prevention of Crime in Poor Districts
- Prevention of Drug/Human Trafficking
- The ethical side of judging the criminals
- Why is it important to understand criminal slang?
- College/University Violence
- Bullying and Criminal Responsibility
- Prevention of Substance Abuse
- Gun Control
- Arizona/California (other states) Criminal Laws
Based on the above-mentioned topics, you can derive more inspiration from them. For instance, you can write particularly about the criminal side of medical marijuana or bullying that occurred in your educational establishment. The main rule is to approve your picked topic with your professor.
Determine the Goal of Your Research Paper
Criminal justice is a discipline that may be approached in different ways. It is especially visible when it comes to essays. As of now, you should determine the main goal of your writing.
- Research and solve a set mystery. Let’s again refer to the Bullying topic. You can carry the goal of solving the reasons behind such a phenomenon. Why do other students or children go for bullying? What are their family backgrounds which may potentially vanish their kindness among others? In this case, you want ещ research alone how bullying appears, and how it can be prevented;
- You want to deliver awareness. Essays written on the criminal aspect of bullying can deliver the main insights to other students into what they can expect in return. Let’s pretend your friends bully others, and by declaring your essay, you hint them at legal proceedings they can be tied to;
- You want to improve your grade. Such a goal is the most common one because essays are great contributors to improving your studying progress.
Ideally, the best essay will come when you sincerely want to promote the awareness of your researched topic.
Now, when you are aware of the topic and determined your goal for writing, you should do the following.
#1 Explore Credible Sources and Materials
No research paper is a research paper without theoretical background on the issue. First, you can refer to your currently studying materials, like books on Criminal Justice. Or, you can access available online articles on the crimes that occurred before. For instance, investigate the cases of Bullying in your area if they were described in newspapers among others.
#2 Choose Research Methods
Research can be approached with different methods. For instance, you can conduct surveys, by involving other students in filling out your prepared questionnaire on the topic. Then, you can proceed with observations – how other students behave when they do bullying to others, and how others react to such events. Finally, you can organize your own experiments. Pretend you are bullied by others and ask other students – what will they do in this case?
After your research, you should write down everything, including the participants, the timing, and the setting you have involved.
#3 Start Your Writing with a Hook
Criminal justice essays are usually deprived of any creativity and jokes. Therefore, your thesis or hook should deliver some serious ideas. For instance, you can grab a reader’s attention by saying – Have you ever been bullied by others? Or, “I was alone bullied, and want to dedicate this essay to the solutions on how to prevent such events in your life.” Your hook should not be very huge. 1-2 sentences are enough to demonstrate the main idea of your research paper. You can also use a quote.
#4 Power Each Paragraph with Arguments
The main bodies of such essays usually contain 2-3 paragraphs. You should distribute all information gradually. The first paragraph should involve some theory you found with credible sources or your observations. The second paragraph will discuss your conducted surveys that can back up your observations with facts and evidence. Finally, the third paragraph will slightly summarize your final results obtained from the search.
#5 Conclude with a Sense
Conclusions with criminal justice essays are relatively the same as with ordinary papers. All you have to do is to summarize all the things said above. Do not add any new information, but try to deliver a sense of your research. For instance, say that – your research can greatly contribute to the lowered rates of bullying within our group.
#6 Remember about Formatting
It would be fair to say that such information should be learned individually with your professor. Otherwise, you can just stick to the following tips: the 12-point size of the font, Times New Roman, Calibri, Tahoma, double-spaced. Do also remember about the word count. If you need to research the topic within 500 words, do not go over it to show your smartness. The same concerns – do not go lower than the set word count. It all can greatly affect your grade.
Finally, do always remember that if you study criminal justice, and will pursue the same career in the future, such writing will affect your success. Essays help to develop critical thinking in terms of criminal laws and their implementation. They do also affect your persuasion in case you will need to participate in any legal proceedings with cases. If all the above-mentioned tips are still useless for your particular case, do order samples for criminal justice essays with writing companies. No need to deliver them to the professor, but just derive some inspiration.
- The Cars of the Most Famous Gang Leaders and Mafia Bosses - July 27, 2021
- The Past and Present of Las Vegas - July 26, 2021
- A Beginner’s Guide to Understanding Criminal Expungement - July 26, 2021